As UNC Charlotte continues to grow, it becomes increasingly the case that faculty participation in governance is valued and necessary for our success. Your participation in faculty governance serves both you and your University by:
- Accelerating your professional development
- Acquainting you with critical issues affecting the University
- Demonstrating the commitment of you, your department, and your college to academic leadership
- Ensuring that more perspectives are brought to bear on matters affecting the University’s continued success
How Do You Get Involved?
- Talk with your Department Chair about ways you might serve
- Contact the President-Elect or Past President of Faculty Council to discuss your interest and service opportunities (see list of Committee Members)
- Vacancy announcements, nomination periods, and elections usually occur in February, March, and April.