The Faculty of UNC Charlotte are charged with the responsibility for making policy decisions regarding the curriculum, academic standards, and the allocation of internal research funds. We are also charged with important advisory responsibilities regarding our working schedule and conditions, the university budget, facilities planning, administrative appointments, and other elements of institutional policy and operation that touch us directly and indirectly. These responsibilities are carried out through a system of shared governance.
Please consider how you or someone you deem ready and able to become part of the shared governance process at UNC Charlotte. Nominate yourself or another qualified faculty member for any of the following openings. (If you don't want to think of it as service to the institution, think of it as furthering the long-term interests of yourself, your discipline, and the faculty at large!) A brief description of each committee listed below can be found at: https://facultygovernance.
PLEASE NOTE: This call is for positions elected faculty-wide only. There are other faculty governance positions (members of Faculty Council standing committees, Faculty Council representatives, etc.) that are elected college-wide or department-wide and those units will handle those election processes.
To make a nomination email facultygovernance@uncc.
- Faculty Secretary**, two-year term
- Chair**, Faculty Employment Status Committee (FESC), two-year term
- Chair**, Faculty Information and Technology Services Advisory Committee (FITSAC), two-year term
- Chair**, Faculty Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SOTL) Grants Committee, two-year term
- Chair^^, Graduate Council, two-year term
- Chair**, Part-Time Faculty Committee (PTFC), one-year term
- Faculty Assembly Delegate: Two (2) delegates, three-year term
- Grievance Committee Member**: Seven (7) members, four-year term
- Hearing Committee Member**: Three (3) members, four-year term
- Teaching Excellence Awards Committee Member**, two-year term
- Teaching Excellence Awards Committee Member (non-tenure track)~, two-year term
** Nominees must be tenured members of the Faculty.
^^ Nominees must be official members of the Graduate Faculty.
~ Nominees must be non-tenure track faculty.
If you would like to ask about any of these positions, please contact me or Faculty Governance Assistant Matt Wyse.
All the best,
Chair, Nominations, Honors, and Awards Committee